Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Around the House

 I thought I'd share a few "christmasy" things from around our house!


This year, I decided to try my hand at making a few Christmas ornaments that I had seen while browsing blog land and Pinterest.

I love these simple jute balls.  I managed to find some jute at the Walmart down here, but it only came in green.  So I bought some red spray paint, and there you go!  Christmas ornaments to match my country primitive decor.  I followed this blog tutorial here.


And then I made some primitive fabric stars.  I simply cut fabric in the shape of a star, hand stitched two pieces together, stuffed them, and then popped a button on them.  Again, very simple.  But I like them!



And here's a look at our "new" cabinets.  Depending on the lighting, the color varies between a dark blue and black.  I still have a few finishing touches to do yet, but I'm happy with how they turned out!  And I'm especially happy to have the upper cabinets to put my spices, dishes, and drinking glasses in!



I trust y'all will have a wonderful Christmas Eve!

3 comments:

Kara Plank said...

Love your creativity!!! The jute balls and fabric stars are so neat! The cabinets are just beautiful. Great job. Merry Christmas! Much love,
Kara

jemilyea said...

The cabinets look great; so does the tree. Merry Christmas!

Dorcas said...

I love your Christmas ornaments and your kitchen cabinets turned out beautiful!!