Friday, June 24, 2011

A Cute Onesie Dress

Every once in awhile, I feel the creative juices start flowing...and then these "brilliant" ideas pop in my head! For example: how fun would it be to make a little girls dress? Now I realize that having three boys does not lend itself to much knowledge in the way of girls clothing...but I've seen lots of creative ladies blogging about how easy it can be. So I thought, why not? I even had the idea of recycling one of Michael's old casual shirts into a little dress...but then I discontinued that idea (at least for now!) after seeing this idea over on Shari's blog. How simple, but cute!

With a little girl in our church having her first birthday, I decided a little dress was the perfect project. Now it might not have turned out perfect, but it was fun to make and maybe even a little cute! (And should I admit, I tried the dress on Parker to get the basic sizing?) =) I also love the fact that's it's still a onesie!

And because I wanted a good excuse to make one of these rolled fabric flowers that are so popular right now, I made one to accent the dress. I attached it with a safety pin of sorts, so that it could be taken off to wash.


And there you have it my friends - something creative! Maybe this little project will jump start some more brilliant ideas? I know I'd like to learn more about "mod podge-ing" (although I'm sure they don't sell that here in Mexico)...or maybe I should think more about a new quilt for our bed...then again, maybe I should finish other things I've started...?...

I hope y'all have a good weekend!


*I'm linking this post to:

5 comments:

mama2ryleigh said...

That is darling! Who says moms of boys can't create girly stuff every now and then?!

Tara said...

That is really cute :-) Us mothers of boys need to just "pretend" sometimes!

Kara Plank said...

LOVE the outfit & flower!!! Now, I'm thinking I need to do that too! :) I hate that after size 24 months, the girls dresses no longer come with the diaper panty-cover. Not only can you see the whole diaper when Sadie is playing around, but as it gets soggier, it gets lower and lower and more visible! LOL. I've been trying to find toddler-size onesies, and I have found a few, and this would be the perfect way to use them!!! Great job!

Doug and Kim Hoffman said...

Very cute idea! Great job!

Katy said...

so Cute! I really like the fabric you chose.